Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
cpap burning smell after taking mask off

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I had changed my cpap machine because of noise. the distributor gave me a completely different machine. I tried a new mask the one that went in to the nasal. it was fine for the first night and I started to smell something burning  after I toke it off it stayed with me for about a minute. I used it for two more days.I thought it was my mask so I changed back to the full faced. I was still getting that smell. used my girlfriends machine. with my full faced mask I was not as bad. then I had gone to ent Dr and changed out the machine they got upset.said they could not do anything about it.and they did not know what do do. the ent Dr looked and said it could have been the machine. got it home and changed the hose and still the same. did the nasal mask burn my hairs in my nose? or this new machine diferent company have a problem with their product?  

This discussion is related to Toxic Air from CPAP.