cpap machine problems
My husband has been on a cpap machine for a year now. In the past three or four months he has developed a large amount of mucus and slime in his throat and head. To the point that it makes him vomit every morning and now it is getting to happening sometimes in the course of the day. He has had tests to try to find the problem but have come up with nothing so was wondering if it could be from the cpap machine. Has anyone else had this problem ? We are desperate so please help if you can. Thank you.
My husband has sleep apnea as well. I know sometimes his mask collects moisture and can cause some coughing but nothing like what you are experiencing. Have they tested him for acid reflux?  That could be the culprit. Otherwise I would change the mask type he has and go fromthere. We had to change about 3 mask types before he found one that was compatible.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
CPAP machine can cause watery eyes, allergic reaction, sneezing, air in the stomach-gas and bloating. You can try a cold water humidifier to start with. If you want a raised head then the head end of the bed should be raised. Pillows should be kept to the minimum. Lowering the CPAP pressure can help but do not do this without consulting your sleep specialist. Switching over to bilevel pressure or C-Flex may help you too. So ask your specialist about it. Take care!