Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
cpap

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

cpap

i used a cpap for a couple of years now. i'm still tired. plus i have problem when i use it sometimes my head will jerk uncontoled. i still have to much moving around at night, that keeps my wife up to mort999 thanks you.
HI Mort,
May we inquire as to y u have the cpap...what is the cause of ur apnea?....I know weight, and other health issues can cause one to suffer from this.

I just wonder if u have something else going on that causes the restlessness which is causing u to be tired.

"selma"
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
CPAP machine dries up the eyes and nasal passages which causes irritation, burning and sneezing. You can try a cold water humidifier to start with. If you already have a humidifier and still experience these symptoms you may need a heated humidifier. In most cases this resolves nasal congestion and irritation if it is caused by CPAP.  
CPAP machines can cause air in the stomach-gas and bloating. Sleeping with head aligned with the body helps. If you want a raised head then the head end of the bed should be raised. Pillows should be kept to the minimum. Lowering the CPAP pressure can help but do not do this without consulting your sleep specialist. Switching over to bilevel pressure or C-Flex may help you too. So ask your specialist about it.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. Hope this helps. Take care!
You might need to have it adjusted.  Try doing another sleep study.  Your routines may have changed since the first time  you had the sleep study done.  
Hi I just wanted to comment about your CPAP problem. I have been using a CPAP for many years. Ever so often you should have a new sleep study as the pressure setting may need to be changed. Also the doctor needs to know about your head jerks, he will be able to determine what is causing them. So if I were you I would make an appointment with your sleep doctor as soon as possible.