Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
crackling in throat and chest, loud breathing noises.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had pneumonia and bronchitis, been treated with Augmentin for 7 days and also steroids am finished with meds continue to have very loud breathing noises, am worried it could be my lung cancer has spread to the throat, my oncologists says he thinks it is still from the bronchitis, it is so bad i can not sleep all night, the noises wake me up, it is on inspiration and expiration, I have to keep coughing to try and clear the airwayu but it doesn't help the noises are always present, i noticed they are lesws if i lay on my back and even more so less laying on my left side, my lung cancer ias on my right side, any ideas or suggestions? I am going for  aCT scasn today but doubt it is going to hit the spot where the problem is, the CT scan goes from the clavicle shoulder to the lung my problem I think is someplace between the nasopharynx and the larynx.
Tags: breathing
1 Comment
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Breathing noises are generally due to air being forced through either fluid or through a narrow passage in the bronchioles.
Try taking steam twice in a day. This will loosen the cough, making breathing easier and remove the noise that comes while you breathe. You could ask your oncologist about taking bronchodilators, which will dilate your bronchioles and help you breathe easier. Since you have been on medications for long, maybe there is layngo-esoplageal acid reflux complicating the bronchitis by throwing acid in the larynx region. You can ask your oncologist about taking something for this reflux, if it is present.

Do not worry much. You are under the treatment of an oncologist. If the specialist will feel the need he will order a CT scan of the throat region too to cover the regions you are scared about or refer you to an ENT who can look into these regions through your mouth.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A related discussion, CT saws Damage on Lung  Do I have Cancer? was started.