Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
ct scan showing scar tissue in lower abdomen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had a ct scan for lower abdominal pain. The doctor was looking for possible diverticulitis. It came back negative for the diverticulitis so he suggested I see my gynecologist for possible scar tissue adhesions. (I have had a laporodomy, 3 c-sections, and a hysterectomy). The last surgery was 17 years ago. I have irrital bowel syndrone so the doctor did not want to do another colonoscopy at this time. He suggested the scar tissue or a pinched nerve in the back radiating to the front, but my back troubles has been going on since I was 14, (lower back pain). I am now 50, so I really don't think it is a pinched nerve. My main question is ,,,,does scar tissue actually show up on a ct scan?  He didn't say he saw anything, only to go see the gynecologist and the back doctor for one to rule out the other.
Thanks,
1 Comment
I don't have an answer for you, but I do feel for you because I am close to your age and know what it means when they say, "when it rains, it pours." I hope you find the help you need.