curling fingernails
I'm a 50 year old woman and my fingernails have begun to curl as they get longer?
You might want to get your blood iron level tested to see if it is low and also vitamin B 12 and your TSH level.  Also, do you wash your hands alot with chlorinated water or use hand sanitizer?  Because I saw online that dehydrated nails will curl.  I think if you grow your nails really long, it is natural for some curling to happen.
Are you a smoker? Curled fingernails ocasionally result as a result of chronic high carbon monoxide levels and lowered oxygenation..
Welcome to the forum!
As Caregiver pointed out ‘curled fingernails ocasionally result as a result of chronic high carbon monoxide levels and lowered oxygenation.’ This is also seen in chronic obstructive lung disease like asthma. It can also be seen in chronic asbestosis, silicosis etc which are seen on prolonged exposure to asbestos or silica dust in some industries.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please consult a skin specialist to rule out fungal infection of the finger nails. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I have nails that curl sometimes my bloods were tested and I have raised mangernese heavy metals. Nails tell you alot about your health. My raynauds make them look blue pale and red. I would have some bloods done. The doctor was right I had Co and toxic combustion so oxegen levels were low.

Good luck tarter.
Thanks all for your comments. I don't smoke but I am a 2 x survivor of cancer so I get blood work done often. I have always been a little on the anemic side, so I will talk to my Dr. about my iron levels and also B12 and TSH levels. Thank you all again so much.
Take care
Hurkemers friend
You're welcome and please give us an update on what you find out if anything!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.