cyst in left hand

I had a cyst in my left hand about four years ago, i had it for over a year until it became painful, I then had it surgically removed and cleaned out. This cyst came back at the beginning of this year at exactly the same place, again it was not painful, now its starting to concern me because the cyst is now smaller but my entire left hand palm has swelled up and its been like this for two weeks now, I also get these five minute or less spasms on my left hand figures. My hand is not painful though so i dont think i really have to see a doctor.

Please help.
As the cyst is on the hand, I would assume it to be a ganglion cyst, also know as bible cyst. It is more common among women ,especially around 20 to 40 years of age. The cyst usually go away on its own, so you needn't to go to the doctor if it is asymptomatic. But there are things you can do at home. You can buy a wrist splint from a drug store or from box stores which sale first aid supplies. It would assist in the healing process and your hand would feel safe and comfortable during sleep. You can also apply apply ice packs for 10 to 20 minutes , three times in a day. Don't apply ice directly but wrap it in a towel and then apply. A frozen bag of peas make a nice portable ice pack. Some people prefer heat over cold , so use heat pads if ice packs don't work. In case the cyst feels painful, you can use over the counter medication, acetaminophen(tylenol) , antiinflammatory drugs (ibrufen) ,or naproxen (Aleve) to relieve the pain.
     Cancer or serious infection are rarely the underlying cause of the cyst, since you are only 20, so relax. But I do wonder about the recurrence of the cyst. The doctor should have removed the check valve during surgery. Can you tell me the exact location of the cyst? Does it feel painful when you press it? Hope I helped!
thanks for your help. The cyst is above my wrist and I have done the ice thing and the swelling has gone down, but now the cyst is more visible, its really not painful so I have not resorted to medication, but the ice thing really helped.

thanks.