dent on forehead
I'm not sure how this all works but I may have already posted this note, but this is to Izzy (or anyone else who can answer my question). I have the same dent that you described in your post from 2006. It starts from the center or my skull (from my hair line) and comes down to a little bit above the middle of my eyebrows. I have no idea what has caused it and it's really frightning. It's been on my forehead for about 4 wks now and has yet to get better. My dermatologist doesn't know what it is either and I have no clue where to start. Has anyone had this same thing happen to them and if so, have you gotten a diagnosis?
Thanks so much!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
An indentation can develop on the forehead in case of mucocele of paranasal sinuses or scleroderma. Indents or furrows can also develop due to wrinkles. Also when the brows sag, this causes indents on the forehead. It is difficult to pinpoint the cause on net. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your PCP once. You may need to further consult an ENT specialist or a skin specialist or a cosmetologist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.