dizzy, light headed feeling
FEC
Hi, this is FEC, I am having some symptoms I have not felt before, here they are, please advise if I should seek medical attention now or soon.  The symptoms are as I sit: kinda dizzy or light headed, really do not want to stand, almost feels like I have air bubbles in my chest, not constant, just off and on. pressure or tension across the back of my shoulders upper part. Friday on the way home I thought I was going to pass out, got home, took some nyquil, went to sleep, my husband said I was so hot, he kept putting cool rags on my head and neck, now I'm having this coughing which is causing more discompfort in chest and I've had a sore throat since the episode on Friday.  Is there some virus or something going around, it's just so rare I just can not explain the uneasiness.  Please advise and thanks for your time
you need to definately go to your dr. asap. you could have something serio9us and contagious.
ever have your blood pressure checked? whats your diet like? how long has this been going on for & have you checked your temperature? seeing a doctor would be the best thing, but don't be scared i'm sure its nothing life threatening.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You could be just having a viral fever or a bacterial sore throat. Hence rule this out first.
If you have headaches and hot flashes and lightheadedness with a feeling of passing out, you could be having either polycystic ovarian disease or GERD with or without H pylori infection. These are the two conditions to be ruled out first. Other conditions to be strongly ruled out in your case could be cervical spinal nerve compression, Meniere’s disease of the ear, wax in the ear, infection of the middle or inner ear, benign positional vertigo and benign intracranial hypertension. Hence it is important to consult an ENT specialist and a neurologist too. At times back and neck problems may persist for years before they really start giving trouble. Chances of TMJ too should be looked into. Other causes are anemia, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems, such as an underactive thyroid (called hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (called hyperthyroidism), adrenal insufficiency (called Addison's disease),  and in some cases, diabetes, may lead to hypotension and hence lightheadedness and an off balance feeling. It can also be an anxiety and panic attack. It is really difficult to comment on the net. I suggest you consult your PCP to run the basic investigations and get an insight into what could be the cause. Depending on clinical examination and tests, your PCP can refer you to the appropriate specialist. Hope this helps. Take care!