Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
dizzy in the shower

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

dizzy in the shower

I get very sick while in a warn bath or shower and for a long time after im done!  what could this be? Last week i was filling the tub and i started sweating and i acually passed out...my mom found me about 45 minuites later. She said she didnt hear me fall but she cam in because saw the water comming out of the bathroom. The light headed feeling, blurry vission, and the need to rest has been happening for about 5 months now. Can anybody help me?

This discussion is related to Feeling Faint in the Shower.
Tags: dizzy, shower

Im not a Dr. but
I have heard intolerance to bath/shower water (warm) is a possible symptom of Multiple Sclerosis You may want to see if your Primary will refer you to Neurology

Best Wishes
                                                                                       T
I don't have this as extreme as you but i'm 24yr old and since I was about 14 i get the same feeling when i shower. it doesnt happen when i take a bath, but sometimes especially when i was younger in the middle of my shower i could start getting dizzy and lightheaded and my vision would slowly get cloudy and start to go black until it would completly go black and I cant see or hear for about 30seconds and then my vision and hearing would come back, its super scarry because i am conscious and i always can feel it comming on and i sit down in the tub and for that moment i'm sitting there without seeing or hearing i used to really panic but now i try to just breath and stay calm and tell myself its not going to last forever and then i come out of it. I asked my previous doctor and she said its probably from standing in the shower with my legs locked becuase the bloock drops out of your head and into your legs or something, so i REALLY try to focus on keeping my legs bent while showering and of course trying to not take hot showers but i still get the sick/nautious feeling during and after my shower. let me know if you get any answers, because it would be nice to be able to completely prevent it, because like in your case, you are VERY luck you didnt get seriously injured or even drown!!

i also notice drinking gatorade or something with electrolytes before or durring a shower can help, so sometimes i'll bring a drink in the bathroom and leave it on the back of the toilet incase i start feeling funny. i hope that helps some.
It is pretty dangerous if you are at risk of passing out in the bath so I would stick to showers for a while if I were you.

I had similar problems when I was younger (late teens) but it went away as I got older. I suspect it is to do with blood pressure.I never passed out though, just felt dizzy and sick.

Were you in the tub when you were filling it up and passed out?

Anytime you actually pass out you should see a doctor to find out a likely cause.

Take care.
I have been getting faint and passing out for about 5 years now, while i am running, and especially in the shower, having fainted numerous times in the shower (we do not have a bath). my doctor said the most likely cause is low blood pressure and to increase my salt intake, also I get to do this tilt table test too soon which will hopefully confirm this.

Cutting caffeine out of my diet has helped dramatically, I went from 3-4 times daily to about once a day and now down to every couple days. It has been on and off for years but I am finally seeing into it.