Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
dizzy when eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

dizzy when eating

I am having thes same symptoms now for like 2 months.  I get dizzy the first couple bites of food.  Sometimes it is worse.  I was told a couple of weeks ago that a test I had a month and a half ago showed that I have low blood surgar.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  I just can't believe how many people have the same symptoms and no answers.  Crazy.
its a good possibility try to keep candy with you at all time and eat it before every meal see how that helps
Step 1:  The best way is to start eating a diet of whole food (clean fruit and vegetables - nothing added) for a few days (I doubt these will cause symptoms).
Step 2: Once without symptoms and when ever you have the time (for example over weekends) add a new food item and make a list of the foods which cause such a dizziness or other symptoms.
Step 3: As in step 2 test the list (individually) once you know which food does not have an effect (not easy to establish in the beginning)
Step 4: Compare the listed ingredients of the food that is "clean" to those that cause the dizziness.

Yes low blood sugar can cause dizziness and nausea and vomiting and irritability also.  I would suggest eating 5 small meals a day, and not going longer than about 3 hours between snacks/meals.  This should prevent such a drastic change right when you eat.  Also, lifesavers are a good thing to have in you purse, pocket and glove compartment.  They can really help.  Never let a hunger pang be ignored, at least take a lifesaver.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Dizziness while eating could be due to acid reflux. The reverse flow of contents of the stomach cause a series of neurochemical transmissions, which cause dizziness. It is also related to changing pressure in the cochlear canals of the ear during this process. Normal GERD will not cause dizziness if under control. However a person with severe uncontrolled acidity or when such a person is hungry or his stomach is empty except for the acid, he may feel dizzy. Also presence of an ulcer in the stomach or weak esophageal sphincter can complicate matter. I would recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system).
The second possibility is that you have a TMJ disorder that precipitates dizziness once you start chewing. This is most likely cause. It can also happen when you open your mouth to put the food in.
Many patients with TMJ have dizziness. There are two possible causes. One is that when TMJ is inflamed inner ear is affected causing dizziness. The second possible cause is inflammation of the sternocleidomastoid muscle (SCM) involved in TMJ and chewing, opening the mouth etc.
The other possibility is that you have a slight astigmatisim in your vision, which is that you have a slight axis, hence the effort to focus on the food, fork, spoon etc results in dizziness. Please get an eye checkup done too.
Though a rare disorder, pancreatic insulinomas should also be thought of in your case and have someone check your blood sugar while you eat. The hypoglycemia in this is transient following food and there is a quick increase in blood glucose once you eat.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!