Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
do I have Ms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

do I have Ms?

I have been having symptoms for the past 3 years. Numbness and tingling in left side of body. Numbness in throat and scalp. Tremors in hands and legs. Blurry vision, insomnia, headaches, and sharp stabbing pain in neck radiating down my spine. I had a MRI of my head and neck that was negative and also negative nerve test. No one believes me including my husband and several neurologists I've seen. Please help are my symptoms in my head?
This do not look as Multiple Sclerosis, but very specific for Somatization.
Somatization derive from continuous and longterm overstress. In my opinion the fusion of a multilple daily events results in this state of continuous symptoms.
The treament should not include chemical based medications but a huge lifestyl change and relaxation therapy like meditation, yoga, acupuncture, music, massage, swimmimg, etc...
I understand what your saying is wrong with me I have been under a lot of stress but I have been stressed for most of my adult life. And I never had any of these symptoms until 3 years ago I have always been very healthy. I also forgot to add the extreme fatigue I've had also. My PCP thinks its MS but my previous Neurologist didn't so I'm seeing a new Neurologist on Wed. So I will see what she says.
I have MS and the symptoms can be kind of crazy. My MRI showed little in the way of lesions so they had to do a spinal tap to check for some type of protein. It was not a fun procedure! That said I understand about the other posts and concerns. Do the symptoms last forever or come and go?

Please also consider what the doctor said. Stress can have a very strong effect on functioning. Doing activities that you find relaxing and making sure you take at least an hour a day for just you is always a good way to relax and de-stress. I have 3 boys so getting that hour can be hard. Good luck at the neurologist.
Thanks for your comment. I don't have any stress as far as children my primary stress comes from my husband he was paralyzed 10 years ago from the waist down and has severe back issues. So I'm his caretaker.

I'm sorry to hear you were diagnosed with MS. My symptoms can be every few months or every month it just varies, sometimes I go a few weeks or months and I'm fine and then I wake up and can't walk due to muscle weakness and have this horrible pain in my upper back that radiates down my spine. So its been a few months since I had my last MRI so maybe I should get another one. I will let you know how my visit goes tomorrow.
Get checked out for Lyme Disease.  It often mimics MS and doctors don't think of Lyme unless you have sore knees or a rash.  Check out the symptom  list in this document and see if it's a possibility.

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

I have many of the same symptoms you do and I have neuroborreliosis, which is a lot more common than many doctors are led to believe.

Know that many people sick over a year test negative. Unfortunately, doctors think the tests are perfect, which they are not. I finally tested positive at a specialty lab called IGeneX.  A Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD) is your best choice for an accurate diagnosis and a cure.
Get a mri of your thoracic spine. Problems can accur in the thoracic area and cause arm and neck pain.I know I had some of the same issues but I also had back pain between and under my shoulder blades. Turned out I had a Archnoid Cyst from T-3 to T-8. Everyone thought I was making this up inclding my wife and Doc who i HAD TO FIGHT to get a mri of my thoracic spine and then it was oh I'm sorry I doughted you