Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
do i have cdiff

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

do i have cdiff

My grandfather has been diagnosed with c-diff. he contracted it in the hospital  last month with a bout with pneumonia. we went to a rehab for about 3 weeks and was only diagnosed about the last week he was there and was sent home. I went to see him everyday. (he is elderly (93) with  Dementia) I understand that c-diff is contagious however i call my self being very careful. i have started having diarriah (very little) no dizzyness, no fever, no chills, no cramps ect.Should i get tested? could i have contracted it from him

very scared
chelle
  • General Health (3 replies):
    did anyone find an answer to the mattress that are best ...[more]
  • c diff (5 replies):
    I have a father i lost to c diff and now a mother battli...[more]
Hi chelle, C-difficile is passed from faeces to hands and surfaces and then to the mouth so handwashing is ultra important. The spores can persist in a room for weeks or months. Healthy people don't usually have a problem with it and some people carry it in their gut without knowing. The general rule is that if you have more than 3 watery stools (diarrhoea) a day or you have a fever, then it's time to see a doctor. It is important to keep your fluids up to prevent any dehydration. Good luck
As an lpn student i worked with several c diff patients. C diff is not an airborne disease and can only be contracted by having direct contact with fecal matter. Unless yu changed him without gloves and didnt wash your hands i wouldnt worry !
I wouldn't worry about the diarhea (diarrhea) unless its more than three times per day.I had c diff from antibiotics so I'm a little experienced in that area.