Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
dry anus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

dry anus

I am a 22 year old man who has had a dry/itchy/painful anus for a couple of months now i am not gay and nothing enters my butt ever.. i went to a couple different docotors and they all said it was nutin. the skin around the anus seems like it gets really dry and starts to crack and causes me pain. someimte it looks as if there is a white film around the outside of my anus.. i don't know what to do cause it always bothers .. it does bother me more after going number 2 in the bathroom. i want to go back to the docotor since it has been months since i went to one.. it kinda control
Control
Control rx
my life cause i can't do things i want to do becuase everytime i bend over or sit down i feel the discomfert.. i even wipe with soft toliet paper and i wash my my butt out in the shower to make sure it is clean down there but still no help.. what should i do and had anyone had this problem before
Sounds like you may have some yeast there. Try getting some cream for yeast infections (yeah guys can get them there). Hope it helps! :)
hi, im a nursing student and i have been studing some cases like the one you discribed and i'm sure that you have a condition called "pruritus ani": this simply means a cronic (chronic) itch around the anal area.  This condition is a localized dermatitis.  It is caused by feces, sweat, or moisture that lingers and irritated the anal region and by furture scratching the itch it only irritates it.  i suggest you wash every time you have a bowl movement with warm water and pat dry gently without disturbing the skin any further.  Make sure you don't scratch, itch it.  Go to your local walgreens or rite aid and look a topical coolant cream that gives you a calmer feel in that area so that you don't itch and cause it to get red or rash out.  By the way go get better doc.  i'm only a student and i know better just by your discription to rule out many other conditions and that the one for sure.  let me know if this advise works for you.
Hello I agree yeast is most likely your problem, and another thing you might want to try after you get finished using the yeast cream to help prevent future problems.  Since it is causing you pain and cuts try a small amount of Neosporin with pain aid in it daily.

Hope This Helps.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Worms are the commonest cause of anal itch. Scratching repeatedly can cause sores. Itchy anus can also be due to undigested food like citrus fruits, grapes, certain spices, tomatoes, certain medicines like antibiotics and laxatives and certain drinks like beer, milk, tea, or coffee. Anal fissures, hemorrhoids, threadworms can all cause anal itch. Itch can also be due to irritants like synthetic fiber, toiletries etc. Genital warts and sores of herpes should also be ruled out. Eczema, dermatitis and fungal infection can also cause this and most likely in your case. You need to consult a skin specialist and a gastroenterologist/ano-rectal surgeon. Take care!