Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
dry cough chest pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

dry cough chest pain

I was admitted to the hospital for testing following an episode of severe chest pain and shortness of breath.

A thallium scan and angiogram were done. They came back fine.
My arteries are 'clean as a whistle' and '0% risk of heart problems' I have larger than average clear arteries as the doctor says.

I continue to have constant chest pain and it is 3 days after the angiogram. The pain worsens when I stand up or lie down on the bed, eventually settling down in 10 to 15 minutes.

X-rays were taken and full blood workup testing for all the common possibilities including TB was also done.

my history
I am 155-175 lbs overweight (depending on what guideline you follow) 5'10
I have type 2 diabetes and it is under control bloodwork indicates 6.4mmol
I also have hypertension and it to is under control with medication.

what else can I tell my doctors to look for?
I forgot one footnote.

My entire body aches since the initial incident of chest pain.
cold air seems to help the chest pain but increases the body aches whereas heat decreases the aches and increases the chest pain.

Has a chest xray been done to rule out any rib fracture, chest infection, or air in the pleural space?

There could be several causes of the symptoms you are having including a muscle pull, injury or trauma at the site, chest infection, etc.

Do you have any associated symptoms?

You should apply some local pain relief medications, take some oral pain relief medications, maintain a proper posture throughout the day, try some warm compresses.

You could take some antireflux antinausea medications and see if they help with your symptoms - this could be pain due to reflux or GERD.

Consult the doctor if the symptoms persist and discuss whether you need to get any investigations including a chest xray and ECG done.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Regards.
i had bronchtis 3 weeks ago and I still feel weak somedays I feel really good and then days like today i want to crawl back into the bed and stay, cold chills, a dry cough, no appettie, and mucus like diarhea (diarrhea) some weakness in chest what can I do