Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
dry mouth metal taste in mouth, nausea head aches feel faint

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

This started about a year ago, I get nausea very dry mouth, metal taste in mouth, feel very weak, and get very very sleepy. Head hurts severely.. Nothing I take for pain helps. I have been checked for diabetes, glucose, CT scan. Nothing showing up. Please help or tell what kind of Dr do I need to see for this. I'm just seeing my family Dr for now. Thank you Loretta Randall
Avatar n tn
Maybe you are anemic. I had the same symptoms and found out i was low on iron, the symptoms stopped once i took iron supplements.
i think a metal taste in mouth can be a sign of chest infection.  but then again, some pregnant women claim this side effect as well.
Avatar n tn
Loretta,I also have  the same systoms. I have found that only sleep helps. This has gone on for years. Doctors does do not seem to know what causes it or act like they care. Loretta, I wish we could talk.

Linda
Avatar n tn
Hi Loretta, I just saw your posting in a search I was doing for my mother. She has been complaining of the same syptoms (symptoms)... also the same as Linda, she sleeps and that is all that helps, she has also been checked for the same as you were,.... but nothing has been found.. have you had any luck? Sara
Avatar n tn
I just happened on this site looking for something else, but I was very concerned for you when I saw your question. I had a good friend with these symptoms 4 years ago. She saw her family doctor also. She was checked for all sorts of things gastrically & chest. She had a BRAIN TUMOR , WHEN A METAL TASTE IS IN THE MOUTH, IT IS ONE OF THE EARLIEST SIGNS. especially when other things have been checked out. I had never mentioned the metal taste part when I told my husband my friend was having problems, but when I did, the first words from his mouth were, She needs to be checked for a brain tumor, he was a Chiropractor....and he was right but the diagnosis was too late. It had progressed too far, and her family had wasted time when they didn't go straight to Sloane Kettering with her final diagnosis. The tumor was found during a CT or MRI of her head & brain. I pray you have gotten better, but that this info will save anothers life.
Lynda
Hi.

I get that same metal taste in my mouth, and I was diagnosed with a bone marrow disease.  It causes severe anemia.  When my blood gets low, I get that taste.  Pls have them do a complete blood panel to check for anemia.

Hope this helps

SmokeBear
Hi I'm a 19 year old girl who has a metal taste in my mouth evry now and then the wired thing is I have blood come from my private area but I'm not on my period and it's a orange tint anyone have an idea of wat it could be?