Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
dry nostrils

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

dry nostrils

I had dry nostrils since childhood. It was on and off. I have seen some of the questions and solutions provided previously on this site. But my case is worse. Every day I had the problem. I feel the pain in the inner part of my nostrils. The problem also affects my inner ear and throat. As a results, it gives me sore throat; my sore throat is as bad as tonsilites. I could not eat or drink. I also fail to talk when the pain gets worse. I feel pain where vibration be created to make the words. I frequently use vaseline inside my nose. It gives me a little bit relief since I cannot reach the exact place of the problem in my fingures. Sometimes I prefer not to blow and wipe to keep my membranes wet. Would you please give me some advise? Thanks!

This discussion is related to Pain / Discomfort Inside Nostril.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Pain and dryness in nostril, throat and inner ear can be due to sinusitis or allergic rhinitis. Common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, or cosmetics. It can also be due to Sjogren’s syndrome. Please consult an ENT and a eye specialist to rule out Sjogren’s and an allergy specialist to rule out allergic reactions.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
My husband has that problem for over fifty years and finally had minor surgery for a deviated septum and it cured it permanently. It has made the Vaseline, Afrin, saline, and all the complaining and nosebleeds go away for good. I don't know if you might have this problem, but you could have ut checked for very easily.