Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
dull head pain above left ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

dull head pain above left ear

I have a dull pain on left side of head above ear that is tender to the touch and has a little of a "congested" feeling.  What might it be?
Hi!! The body part that you are talking about above your ear... this is the nerve which is connected to brain. R u in some kind of stress or tension..?   If that is so...then this can be the reason for your pain. so try to get some rest.. or indulge yourself in some activities..i'm sure you'll feel better. but if still you will face same kind of problem, then
there might be a problem with your eyes, get your eyes tested.
best to go see a doctor asap, to me it sounds like you might have an ear infection. if you feel dizzy or sick with it at all then it probably is and you'll needs medication.

good luck
Hi, I used to have dull to moderate pains (headaches) constantly for about 6 months...later i realized they were due to neck muscle irritation...I work on computers 8 hrs a day n additionally the pillow that i was using was a bit too thick and these two factors left my neck muscles in an irritated state. I read about the trigger points to relieve the headaches and started using a very thin pillow so the head is not too elevated during sleep...this has helped me a lot and pain is almost gone...if i get headache ever again then i massage the trigger points and it gives me relief instantly...