Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
ear fungus???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

ear fungus???

I have been told by a nurse practioner that i have an ear fungus, but no advice as to what to do for it. It itches like crazy sometimes and every few weeks or so it feels as if it gets crusty inside the ear canal. It itches a lot so I try and scratch. What can I put in my ear that will help to stop the itching or clear it up? I would appreciate anyone's reply.
Thank You in advance!
One treatment to try is hydrogen peroxide.
Use the 3% solution, available in drug stores and grocery stores.

Tilt your head to the side, and put several drops 3% hydrogen peroxide into the ear canal.
It will fizz and bubble for several minutes, killing bacteria, mold, and fungus.

Turn your head and sop it up with a tissue...you may get chunks of earwax out too.
I usually finish drying out the ear canal gently with a Q-tip.

If you have a hole in the eardrum or tubes inserted, ask your doctor first, as this probably would be contraindicated.

You can google for more information.
Carol

Never scratch the inside of your ear as this area is very sensitive and you can scratch the skin adding more bacteria from your fingernails. Over the counter lamisil drops will kill the bacteria and fungus.
My husband was told that was what he had as well, he got Veramyst for his sinus and Avleox 400mg for 10 days.
There is a solution that will help to get your ear cleaned out, it is as follows:
1/3 c White vinegar
1/3 c hydrogen proxide
1/3 c Warm water
1/3 c Rubbing Alcohol
Get an ear syringe and put some of this in your ear it will fizz and bubble and may even burn a little, but he says he can hear again, and he has only used it once today 8-8-08.
Sorry I did not see your posting until now.
Hope this helps
I have had thus problem for a year now. The whole putter ear gets crusty and wet. Its so awful! Apparently I am prone to it for the rest of my life. Even when I go to my doctor fir a common cold, he will always put rubbing alcohol in my ears. It burns a little but dries it out! Good luck!