Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
ear pressure, no other symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

ear pressure, no other symptoms

Three weeks ago I came down with what I believed to be a bacterial infection which gave me a general feeling of sickness, fatigue, pressure in my left ear, and I coughed up green phlegm.  For about a week I suffered with it, then started on amoxacylin and within 3 days felt none of the symptoms except the pressure in my left ear.  

I had been given drops to put in the ear but they did nothing, and I stopped taking amoxacylin because around the time my other symptoms stopped, I began having what felt like sinus headaches.  I haven't had headaches in years so I thought these headaches might have something to do with the amoxacylin.

Anyway, weeks later my remaining symptom is ear pressure.  It feels very much like I got off an airplane and am waiting for it to pop- but it of course hasn't.  It intensifies when I excercise or shower (I'm guessing liquid).  Doctor said it's because of sinus infection but I have no other sinus infection symptoms.

I'm very active and demanding of my body so I think I would know if I was still sick.  It is also worth noting that my ear doesn't give me a lot of pain, though it is uncomfortable.  And I still have hearing in my left ear, but it is noticeably decreased (though I can still have a phone conversation with the phone on my left ear).

Should I expect my ear to pop on its own?
thanks a lot
Ben

You need to always complete the antibiotic course prescibed
even if you feel better since the bacteria is still resisting.
I'd go back on Amox. after calling ofc. Try doing or have
someone show you the Valsalva maneuver. Hold rt-ear lightly
closed & pinch off nasal passage 'lightly' after taking a breath
& attempt to pop air from mouth through the full ear. The rx
isn't giving you the hdache. The un-equal air pressure or fluid
was most likely problem. The problem is in your middle-ear
chamber. Don't let it spread to other chambers.
Do you have TMJ?  Do you clench or grind your teeth at night, or in the day?  When I was first diagnosed with TMJ I went to the ER because I felt like I had a knife in my ears.  Since then I have had the same thing, mostly pain, but sometimes just pressure and fullness, like my ear needed to drain or pop.