excessive sweating and bloating
My 9 year old nephew has suffered from extreme sweating for years.  His doctors said it is normal for a child to sweat like this but he sweats constantly.  He sweats profusely all night and wakes up exhausted.  At school he can only participate in recess for a short time before he has to site down because of thes weating and ensuing tiredness.He complained of pain in his chest a few months ago but his doctor(s) again said this was normal.  Lately his appetite is very poor but he is bloated.  The bloating has happened after even more extreme sweating.  He sweats even when outside in the cold weather  

He is becoming chronically exhausted as well as getting sick frequently due to being so rundown.  Right now he has a persistent sore throat. Again another doctor said the sweating was normal.

We are all alarmed he is going to collapse someday from this.  Any help appreciated.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Well, usually excessive sweating in children is not a cause of alarm in itself. However, in your nephew’s case, there are other accompanying symptoms too. Hence, it is important to get proper investigations done to rule out certain conditions.

First is to test for diabetes. Hyperthyroidism is another cause. In kids with persistent cough and sweating or other upper respiratory infections coming on and off, a heart condition cannot be ruled out.

I suggest you take a second opinion. Preferably consult a cardiologist and an endocrine specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thank you for your answer.  He has been tested for diabetes and hyperthyroidism and does not have these.  His heart has been checked as well.

When he sweats it literally pours off his face and body.  It is so noticeable people remarkon it  with alarm when they see him in a store or public setting.

His sicknesses are usually stomach related (vomiting).  He did have an accident at age 5 and had a badly broken leg.