Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
excrutiating head pain non stop for a week

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

my partner has had terrible headaches every day now for a week, pain killers are not working and he is now in tears with  the pain and is refusing to go to the hospital. Does anyone have any advice? He is in remission for cancer, I do not know if this could be related. He was also attacked a couple of months ago and hit in the eye, could this be somrthing to do with it. He has always suffered from migranes (migraines) but they are not migranes (migraines). he says it is cluster headaches but would they cause pain this bad and for so long?
One of my best friends is in remission as well and had severe headaches for about three weeks.  She too thought it was the cancer again so did not want to go to the Dr., she finally went got an MRI and found out she has a severe sinus infection.  She is all better now !  I would get the MRI, just in case something else is going on from the attack.  Hope your partner feels better!

I am so sorry your husband is having to deal with this, but he must go back to the hospital, as something needs to be done to help him. If anything he will be given better pain relief which i am sure he feels he needs. If he does not want to go to the hospital bring the dr to him.

I do hope he gets better very soon.

Gem
I hope your partner's pain has subsided by now, but just in case...

Pain killers will eventually cause rebound headaches, so switching to just plain tylenol might be better.

Cluster headaches can be even more painful than migraines, and there are medications specifically for them. If he is still suffering, a visit to the ER would probably help. Remember that people in extreme pain don't always make the best decisions, but I certainly understand his resistance about going. If you have an urgent care facility in your area, those are usually quieter with a shorter wait.

Good luck and be well.