Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
exposed to bleach & drano

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

exposed to bleach & drano

Hello, My Mother was exposed a few days ago to a combination of bleach and drano at her place of employment. A co-worker dumped drano at the bar area of her club because with the rain the sewage was backing up and there was an event going on, then her boss dumped bleach to try and get rid of the smell. She imediatly could barely breath, throat was burning and eyes running. Chest was tight and felt sick to her stomach. She did not go to the ER right away but since has gone to her family doctor and is on antibiotics after he gave her a breathing treatment and inhaler along with cough syrup. She still has a great deal of tightness in her chest and still is finding it difficult to breath. Is this normal?

I'm also sorry to hear what your mother is going through. Since you said she went to her family doctor, I just wanted to add that to my knowledge her employer is responsible for paying any and all medical expenses related to this incident.