Hello, My Mother was exposed a few days ago to a combination of bleach and drano at her place of employment. A co-worker dumped drano at the bar area of her club because with the rain the sewage was backing up and there was an event going on, then her boss dumped bleach to try and get rid of the smell. She imediatly could barely breath, throat was burning and eyes running. Chest was tight and felt sick to her stomach. She did not go to the ER right away but since has gone to her family doctor and is on antibiotics after he gave her a breathing treatment and inhaler along with cough syrup. She still has a great deal of tightness in her chest and still is finding it difficult to breath. Is this normal?
I'm also sorry to hear what your mother is going through. Since you said she went to her family doctor, I just wanted to add that to my knowledge her employer is responsible for paying any and all medical expenses related to this incident.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.