Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
extreme cold

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

extreme cold

Am I in danger?  I am a 72 year male, last night upon leaving my sisters home, I had to walk approximately 50' to a preheated car, in 32 degree weather. I started experiencing being cold all over the whole body, what went from bad to unbearably being cold.  I couldn't stand it. Upon entering the car, only after about 10 minutes of all heat sources on full blast, could I get some relief. Can you please help with ay information?  Could this be fatal?  Please I need help, this is not a joke.
relax you caught a chill man.the bodies weird like that....i once fell in a creek in coveralls and walked half mile home and my coveralls where frozen solid and i was soaked but just fine.....then turn around go outside and walk ten feet catch a chill and freeze lol....your fine its just one of those things
Hi Bob. I think oldguy123 is right. I think you just caught a bad chill. Went from a nice warm house, to freezing weather. Were you in the house with your coat on, waiting for the car to heat up? People make that mistake. Leave their coat on, so there is allot of trapped body heat inside their clothing and when you go out into freezing temps, it drops the body heat temp rapidly. Also, and I hate to say this, but as we get older, we do catch a chill more easily. When this happened to you, if you got a little scared about it, you may have also had some anxiety along with it. That can also give you the shivers. It does me. I would suggest, that if you don't feel satisfaction from the response you get here, then certainly do talk to your GP doctor, just make you feel better about it. Hope this all helps, and good luck.
My mom is 85 now and she has poor blood circulation and low temperatures is the same for her as well.  She also weighs very little and dose not have  a lot of "meat on her bones" as they say.  I got my mom some good long under wear that she wears AND good socks.  80% of our heat goes out our head is what we teach in back packing 101 so, get your good hat out too and see if this helps.