Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
extreme pain in ribcage please help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

extreme pain in ribcage please help!!

i am having similar pain in my right side rib cage just below where my breast tissue ends but it hurts when i breath in or out completely put pressure on my rib cage in the area its hurting and when it gets really bad it goes all the way to my back right underneath my shoulder blade and i cant lay on my back nor can i lay on my stomach has anyone ever felt this pain before kind of like someone is stabbing you.... please get back to me asap!!!

Also i smoke but ihavent had any other medical conditions or anything like that.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The pain could be due to costochondritis (inflammation of the joint between rib and sternum. The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you.
The pain could also be a starting symptom of herpes shingles.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thanks but my mom also says that it is a bladder infection, because it burns when i pee.

I have a fever but i just got sick sooo... yeah.

Also, my head hurts real bad and i cant move it fast at all.  I dont know whether i should go to the emergency room or not.

Is it serious?
Or will it go away?
Welcome to the forum!
Bladder infections or cystitis cannot be ignored. Also hurting when you pass the urine can be due to UTI and due to stone anywhere in the urinary system. Please consult your PCP and try and get an appointment from an urologist ASAP. If this is not possible, maybe you will need to go to the ER.
Hope this helps. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I had the some of the same symptoms many of you have, I was EXTREMELY tender under the right front rib cage... HURT BAD! haha,  but I had a chiropractor do a technique he called CMRT.  I can't really explain everything he did, but he was rubbing and pushing on the area (amongst other things.)   The technique itself while he was doing it was somewhat painful, but it was so worth it and I could literally feel stuff in there getting worked out.  It was kind of like "ouch ouch, keep going" Took him about 15 minutes for the treatment.  It is amazing, I feel great the pain is gone.  After one treatment pain was 80% gone, after two it's 100% gone.  If you have any questions feel free to contact me, I saw all of you out there suffering from this and I really truly believe that this will fix you.
I had  heavy cough for almost 3wks.,& on the 2nd wk of my cough i had experienced this intense pain in my lower chest under my breast i think it is in my rib cage. First on the left side then it runs through my back, everytime i cough it realy hurts so badly..i dont have a cough now but it still hurts on the right side of my rib, its been 2wks now.. Is this pain normal after having a heavy cough?