Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
extreme pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

extreme pain

Its been a long 6 months since I've become ill. There isn't a thing they didn't believe I had. Now my dr really feels crohn's. I have all the symptoms and my mother has it. From what I'm told it is heriditary but will not be confirmed until the colonoscopy and endscopy have been done. These last 6 months have felt like centuries. Every day it gets worse and I feel like I'm losing myself. Now I'm on three naseau medications in hopes of putting an end to the vomitting and weight loss. I had my gall blader removed in 1996 and since then excuse me for being so blunt but i have always had diarreah (diarrhea) immediately after eating. These are the new problems. I take my medication so I can eat and right away I have a constant severe pain thru out my abdomen. My abdomen becomes extremely distended. 30 minutes after the meal im vomitting again. Also, I've went from many years of diarreah (diarrhea) to four or five days of not even feeling like I have to have a bowel movement. After those 4 or 5 day I spend the entire day in the restroom having bowel movements with crippling pain. I have to bite down on a pencil because of the pain. The day after I feel really good and the cycle repeats. I spent tonight vomitting and crying because the pain and distended stomach made me feel like giving up. My previous but still symptoms are 100lb weight loss and still losing in the past six months. My vitamin d, iron, and potassium were so depleted i was put on massive does for all of them. They found out I had a hypothyroid which they also can't control. Severe migraines for the past six months day and night. fatigue to the point i cant get out of bed. Unable to tolerate even the smell of food. Dehydration to the point I have to do weekly Iv treatments. My fluid intake went from drinking 6 or more 24 oz bottles of diet mt dew to 24 oz's of diet mt dew. I've tried different drinks but no matter what they make me sick to my stomach so I only drink a little and never more than 24oz's.. Anybody out there with any ideas of what going on? What are some light snacks I can eat besides crakers? please know that your reponses are welcomed
Please read comments to pka4816 on this page....look on the ingredients of any diet product.  Any diet product is deadly when they use aspertame/sucralose/etc.  look at the 'dangers of .......' what every chemical you put in your body....Pop causes pancreatic cancer.  read my profile.
Well, I definitely would NOT recommend diet mt. dew or any diet drinks.  

Have you tried any drink supplement such as ensure, boost, etc.?  Gatorade?  At least you would be getting electrolytes replenished.  

I will have to agree with your physician, this sounds like Crohn's.  

You can google "Crohn's Disease" for more tips on what to avoid or what to do.  

Post in the Gastro Forum too.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes Crohn’s has to be a possibility. It can even be IBS or any malabsorption syndrome. To get complete relief a diagnosis is a must. If taking roughage is causing more bloating then you will have to try things with low roughage. You can consult a nutrition expert. However you must first consult a good gastroenterologist. There is no wonder diet. You can clock in what you eat and avoid food items that cause maximum symptoms. Take multivitamin supplements. Eat in moderation. Hope this helps. Take care!
thank you. I know sodas aren't good but I have tried everything there is out there to drink and this seems to be the only drink that I can tolerate even though my consumption has severely decreased. When I eat not even four bites of food I feel like I've ate plates and take my three naseau meds and painkillers. Sorry lol but when i go 4 or 5 days without a bowel movement not feeling like I even need to go on the day after I live in the bathroom curled over in pain having bowel movement after bowel movement. I keep a pencil in the bathroom to bite down on. After months of waiting on a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow my dr is suppose to be giving me a call with the procedure date. You have to love politics and the medicaid system of the great south carolina's. I woke up today determined I was going to have a good day. I made myself crawl out of bed even though my body was telling me your too weak. I took a shower and cried because I've lost so much hair and again my hands were filled with hair. Then it hit and I'm running to the bathroom crippled with pain to remain there off and on the majority of today. Yet again I have to give in and lay down. The last three days I've become dizzy and lightheaded. My gf found me on the floor the other night. The last thing I remember was trying to drink some and then I'm on the ground. I don't feel like anybody understands what i feel like. To have your body attack itself is horrible. My mom has crohns and ive went to every site I could find to see what symptoms and complications i didnt know about that my mom didn't have. It sounds insane but I pray that is the answer. I don't think I could go another day without an answer. I'm tired of the Dr's and the hospital stays all saying little girl you have some major problems and I know we can't help you. I think it's best you go to a larger Hospital. I don't know who to go to anymore or even what kind of dr i havent seen thats left. The brick wall aint budging and I've taken to much of a beating trying to break it down. Nope not suicidal. Whatever this is if not figured out very soon is gonna take care of that for me.