Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
eye problems along with electric shock feeling - please help me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have written in before, I am at wits end & need help please.
I have had some side vision loss with floaters, visual distortion, a dark shadow type line that runs through my eyes, and a couple of times my eyes have went nuts moving without me moving them. Sometimes the muscles behind my eyes hurt. I have strange feelings running down my arms at the same time almost like some electrical shock feeling, 6 yrs ago I had the samething down my legs & it lasted 10 months. Sometimes I have a sharp pain that shoots down the back bone to just below the shoulder blade when I bend my head forward. The other day I had a sharp pain in my cheek but it only lasted a few minutes. I am so exhaused that I feel like I cannot even do the symplist of task. Had a MRI 2 yrs ago - showed nothing.
Anybody know what is going on???
did you have an mri of the spine or just the brain?
Did you go to a neurologist??? what did he/she say?

How old are you?
brain
went to neuro - he said it was miagrain related - but I just can't buy that
I am 33
it started strange sensations running down both legs at sametime for 10 months
I started having tingling in hands & feet off & on for several months 3 yrs ago
I also began having visual eye distrotion off & on 3 1/2 yrs ago
the only other eye problem that is off & on is the flashing lights & the muscle pain behind eye
all other eye problems have never went away once they started the visual loss, floaters and line through eyes has never went away, I also have halos, but I have had those as long as I can remember
have you had any other strange symptoms that you can remember in the past 6 years?? anything that seemed off and lasted more than 24 hours??  

Dana,
Compare your symptoms to these:
http://www.canlyme.com/patsymptoms.html

The visual symptoms, especially, point to Lyme Disease.

Carol
Dana,
Yes, I have Lyme. I've been studying about it for a couple years, and I recognise when other people have the same constellation of symptoms.

The Lyme community has found that many doctors are not familiar with the disease and have difficulty diagnosing it.
The tests that are usually done are not very accurate, and because of this, the diagnosis is based on the patient's symptoms.
This is known as a "clinical diagnosis."

Most doctors are not experienced enough to make a clinical diagnosis of Lyme.  
They run the (inaccurate) tests, and when the tests are negative, tell the patient that they don't have Lyme.

The web site I referred you to, the Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation, has a good list of symptoms, geared to people who do not know medical terms.
Look though the other info on the site.  Although written for Canadians, there is alot that applies to everyone.

Here is an article for your doctor:
Advanced Topics in Lyme Disease, 2005 (html version)
http://tinyurl.com/l54z8

Here is a helpful support group for patients:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi

You can post a query on the medical questions forum, detailing your history and symptoms.  These people can help you find a doctor who is very experienced at diagnosing and treating Lyme.

By the way, are you in the U.S.?  Which state?

Carol
WOW I went & took the test I have 36 of those symptoms. I guess maybe I should print this out & take it to my doctor.
Do you have lyme disease???????
This message that you wrote has been some time ago.  Did you ever find out if you had Lyme?  My symptoms are the same and doctors do not seem  to know what is wrong.  I have had the same eye pain and electric shocks.  The shocks are now in my heart as well.  i dont know what to do.

I came down with Bells palsey 7 months ago and have eye pain and electris shock on both sides of my face , not just the side with the bells palsey. I went to get a second opinion this time I went to a MS doctor he did a second MRI said he did not find anything . I also have tingling in my left hand just my 3 fingers . started having miagrains but the pain from my head runs from my head to the small of my back the er said oh your having a miagrain sent me home . the MS doctor said if you have MS it could take time for it to show up on a MRI because the scaring does not show up right away. Very hard to deal with all of this I also have nerve pain .
just punched in my symptoms and you came up have you got a diagnosis yet
several times i have mentioned my symptoms to my gp he just laughed im going out of my mind
I think everyone has lyme!! I'm starting to worry that these lyme advocates pushing lyme are also creating a new danger, lyme is very real but so are many other diseases that are difficult to diagnose and it's very important to exhaust all the possibilites. The list of symptoms posted above is very general I sent it to an LLMD and was told not to go by it instead was told that Dr. Burrascano's guidelines were the standard most doctors were using.