Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
eye strain and head pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

eye strain and head pains

sorry if i posted this in the wrong section but i didnt know where else to do it. if anyone can give me any advice or help i would greatly appreciate it.

im a 20 year old male. 5'10", 145 lbs. no serious health problems prior.

History: i woke up july 8th with a fever (never exceeded 100.5), the worst headache ive ever experienced, very heavy photophobia (never experienced before), sore throat, and body aches. i beat most of the symptoms by the end of the night. the next morning i woke up with a heavy pressure band all around and on top of my head (like a helmet) and pain behind the pressure located in my temples, side of head, above head, and above my eyebrows. I went to the ER and the doctor suggested it was viral meningitis (no spinal tap; never had the disease before, heard its usually more severe then what i experienced). A CT scan of the brain showed normal. i then went home and tried tylenol sinus pm at night and claratin D. after 3-4 days no improvement. i saw a clinical doctor at kaiser he pushed on my cheeks and said no sinus infection, drink fluids, itll be gone over the weekend. that didnt happen to i went to my primary care (3 weeks after getting sick). she did not think i was a sinus infection but gave me 250mg amoxacillan for 10 days to make sure due to the duration of the symptoms. i also tried sinus rinses and a saline spray. she also told me to use nasarel which gave me pressure in the nose and eyes so it was stopped after 2 weeks. i then asked for a CT sinus scan which came out good. the next thing i did was get allergy tested. i tested positive for dust, 3 different trees, 3 different grasses, cat fur, and dog fur. i started on zyrtec last week. that did seem to help the pressure a lot and now the pressure is mostly gone.

Current symptoms: currently i have slight pain that comes and goes in my temples, above my eyebrows, sides of my head, and the top. i also get this pains that come on for 2 secs, stay for 2 secs, and then dissappear over the course of 2 secs. they arent extreme but enough for me too know they are there. they can happen anywhere on my head, top/beind my eyes, or side of nose. i also have almost constant eyestrain. its the top half of my eyes usually. it gets worse by light (so some photophobia left). one thing ive noticed is i get pain in my eye, my temple, above my ear and then discomfort behind my head. it is a very lateral situation as if its all connected to one nerve or vessel. the pain on top of my head if follewed down goes above my gums. i had constant throbbing pressure above the roof of my mouth but it has recently stopped. again linear symptoms.

im very sorry to put this essay up but i just wanted to get all the details/development. ive seen 3 clinical docs, an ent, and a dentist. i have an appointment in 4 days with a neurologist and an eye doctor. im hoping if anyone has any insight or opinions. i dont want to be diagnosed as a migraine patient and pop pain killers all day. i do not believe this is a migraine (simultaneous fever and headache when it began). i am considering homeopathic medication and accupuncture in a about a month if this doesnt clear up. it is currently comming up on 6 weeks. only the head pressure has dissappeared so far. do you guys this this will solve itself if i just give it more time? thank you for help this forum is life changing.