Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
facial numbness and pain on one side

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

facial numbness and pain on one side

I have numbness and pain on one side of face. Dr. has me on gabapentin 600 mg three times a day but it is not helping.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Common cold, sinusitis, ear infection, sensory nerve compression, peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes, inflamed wisdom tooth, impacted wisdom tooth etc  can all cause facial numbness and pain. Hemi-facial numbness is also seen in Bell’s palsy, trigeminal neuralgia where a spasm may cause numbness, or due to acoustic neuroma which is a benign tumor of the eighth cranial nerve.

I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I have had full right side numbness of my face and scalp and mouth since 1988.
At first the doc's thought it was a tumer but the tests came back negative and they told me there was nothing that could be done.
Should I still go for testing? Could I have a tumer?
A related discussion, Facial numbness/pain in ear was started.