Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
fall on elbow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

fall on elbow

I fell about 6 weeks ago, landing full weight on left elbow.  I had immediate bruising, swelling, and pain in elbow area (funny bone).  I also have weakness in left hand, dropping items all the time.  I did not go to the doctor because I did not believe my elbow to be broken, but I continue to have pain.  This wakes me at night and is very painful in the morning after I have had elbow bent during the night.   Could I have done damage to the ulnar nerve that needs attention at this point or is this something that will just take time to heal.
Tags: elbow
I have done something like this about a year ago. In my case the shoulder had pain on top and on the rear of the shoulder blade. Do you have any problems in this are. I am no doctor and well not pretend to be one however I was an EMT for 6 years, but this does not take place of a doctor. I can only tell you what happened to me. The elbow took about 6 months to feel better and still acted up for an additional 6. My doctors told me this is a long recovery time because of smaller joint and we use that joint all the time, but you cant stop using it because it could end up to lock up on you. It does concern me that you are loosing or have loss felling in the hand and are dropping things. let me is it numb all the time or just here and there, if all the time see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure of good blood flow and to stop any further damage to the nerve and please let me know how it works out. If you don’t have good insurance there are a few simple things you can try. Ice followed by heat 4-5 times daily and use Ibuprophrin as stated on bottle. This is what I did on elbow (as per doc) and  helped lots within first two days.
Go to the dr.  Immediate swelling and bruising is a sign you may have broken it.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You need to get an X-ray of the elbow joint to rule out old fracture that is not aligned properly. Nerve conduction study will rule out pinched ulnar nerve. It can also be bursitis of the elbow joint. Please consult an orthopedic specialist. Take care!