falling asleep after eating
i fall asleep within 30 mins of eating chocolate,this has only started happening over the last year, ive spoken to my gp and she just dismissed it as normal, can anyone give me any advice?
ive never experienced something like this before, but it could be as simple as the time of day your eating it as well as previous activities. Try eating chocolate from a different company, then we can come up with a plan...
I know with my husband that was happened with anything sweet and it was diabetes.  Maybe avoid chocolate for a week and see if it happens around the same time.
The liklihood is diabetes.

You need a diabetic evaluation and an hba1c test.

If it is diabetes, find another health care practicioner. He/she should have ordered this test instead of dismissing your complaint.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you suffer from is probably narcolepsy, which is a neurological disorder. This is thought to be caused by low protein called hypocretin, which is made in the brain. The symptoms are an urge to sleep especially after meals. Sleep studies and EEG are done to rule out other causes of poor sleep and insomnia. Eating light and frequent meals during the day helps. Also assigning a nap time during the day often helps. You can take a light meal before this. At times some ante depressants are prescribed to control the symptoms.  Do consult your doctor and get a referral for a sleep specialist and a neurologist.  Other possibilities are pancreatic insulinomas causing a surge of insulin production after meals, hypoglycemia and an urge to sleep. In women it can also be due to PCOD.
Hope this helps. Take care!
thanx i will look into it, i asked for a diabetes test  as i am overweight but my gp refused, i dont often eat chocolate,but im very worried.... my diet isnt very good as i dont feel like eating as much as i should. what is PCOD? is that polycystic overies??? i have a corroded womb but have been advised i dont have polycystic overie syndrome........
i struggle to lose my weight altho i am very active  and on average attend the gym 3 times a week
Doctornee is correct, but my vote is simple: Abnormal glucose levels.

If you are overweight, this increases the liklihood.

There are several inexpensive tests available, but you need at least what is called an hba1c.

They will then, if the results suggest a problem, probably prescribe Metforman, which will help you to lose weight.

If your physician did in fact refuse a diabetes evaluation, you should consider changing physicians.