Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
feel something on my right side...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

feel something on my right side...

I'm just very worried and maybe i'm just worrying for no reason but I'm the type that gets this way. I'm 21 years old... mainly in good health....it all started this one night that i was laying on my right side and started to laugh about somethign that i felt a little discomfort on my right side. I started to feel around my right side n i can feel that I can move something,, like i can push something in and when i let go it goes back to place. I dotn feel pain however... only sometimes will i get like a little burning sensation but most of the time i feel nothing; but whats bothering me is that i'm scared if its something bad. I usually start thinking the worst. I dunno I'm like what if its a growth of some kind. I know that the liver n gallbladder are on the right side.  I know many are telling me to just get it checked out but I jsut want to know if anyone out thre has ever felt this. :-/
It sounds like you might have a hernia.  It doesn't sound like anything critical, but I'd have your doctor check for a hernia.  I really think that if you had a serious problem with your liver or pancreas, you'd have more symptoms than a lump that is movable.   It could be gallbladder, but your symptoms sound more like a hernia.  Keep us posted.
havent really felt a lump its just that I can push something in n feel it go back into place afterwards. I can do this along side my right rib cage... but if it is a hernia... will i need surgery? or will i be able to take something over the counter
You can often push a hernia back into place, especially when it's small.  Surgery is necessary to "cure" the hernia, if you can't manipulate it back into place.  Are you prone toward heartburn, and have you done anything that would strain your abdominal muscles? (Lifting, excessive coughing, and so on.)  (If it is a hernia, it's not dangerous, only sometimes painful.)  Do ask your physician to check it out, just to make sure.  It really does sound like it could be  a hernia though.  Does anyone else in your family have a history of hernias?
the thing is that i dont have pain. Like when I read alot of these forums of hernias or any right side symptoms i always see that people say they are having pain. I dont have pain, even when i push it and feel around my side. I just feel it and it worries me so much because the only thing that i read that is not painful is a lump. So i start thinking could it be a lump and since i know that on the right side its the liver and gallbladder n pancreas scare me. I havent done anything to cause this, i've had this i would say for like 2 weeks. Before that the only thing i remember is that I went through a lot of stress. Can hernias be caused by stress??? Im just very worried even though I'm in overall good health, i just hope its not my liver or anything serious. :-/
I have to tell you, I think your post has helped me figure out what's wrong with me too, I was too scared to go to the doctor afraid for the worst and then I read your post and I could have wrote that, it was exactly what I felt, moving it back into place it being right in the gallbladder area, although I had gallbladder surgery though years back so mine could have started after that and just gotten worse since my pregnancies. Anyway I will now go to my doc and see what they say but I am betting 9/10 that this is what is wrong with me. Especially since I am always picking up my 40 and 50lb boys putting them in their carseats, I can't seem to let them grow up. lol, now I guess I have to. I searched all over the internet trying to find out what organ was there that could have become enlarged and all I could find was the intestines, so I guess that's what I am pushing back in due to a hernia. yuck...anyway thanks
A related discussion, lump on right side was started.