feeling faint, nausea, fatigue
About 2 weeks ago i collaped and lost consciousness for only a few seconds. ever since then i have been feeling faint with numb pressure around my head and feeling like i am losing control of my body. i get tinlging in my hands and feet and my vision can be blurred. i have presented myself to emergency room twice and my blood tests have come back normal. they say it could just be a virus. i am concerned it is a brain tumour. my ecg scan has also come up abnormal and they did refer me to a heart specialist. i also have a history of anxiety but i do not like to blame every illness on stress and anxiety. i am currently taking lovan but want to get off it. i also sometimes wake up with cramps in my head and i also have some neck pain. all up these symptoms have persisted for about 1 month. i am a 21 year old female. i am quite worried and would appreciate any advice. thanks :)
Coming from someone who has had a brain tumor, I will try and offer you any reassurance I possible can. I had my tumor removed when I was 19, I'm 21 now. I had headaches to the point I could not watch tv, get out of bed, drive in a car, all without getting sick, these progressed within three weeks. My neck was stiff due to the location, cerebellum. If you're having headaches, a brain tumor would be causing hydracephalus (increased brain pressure). If you're having a heart problem, not getting enough oxygen or blood to the brain could be equally as troubling. I would be more (this is my opinion only, not a dr) inclined to look at the heart abnormality than at a brain tumor. Is there anything else that makes you think it is a brain tumor, any other symptoms? Sometimes headaches are the only thing, I won't dispute that, but having a heart condition could certainly be causing a painful headache also. Me, I had headaches for two weeks, progressing, loosing my balance, dizziness, uncoordination, etc. everything consistant with a cerebellar lesion. Have you tried any pain medicines, stupid question, but have to ask. Let me know. Chances are if you haven't had progressing symptoms, you wouldn't have a BT, or extremely!! slow growing over a month If you honestly do need to put to rest the idea that you have a brain tumor, you would need an MRI, usually that is solid evidence. Otherwise I would look more at a EKG or ECG, do you know which one, if you have one done?
Thanks Pixiangelj for your response and concern and i am glad that your are on the mend. I went back to my dr. last Friday and he has organised a CT scan on my brain for this Wednesday. The doctors at the hospital did an ECG scan on my heart and then referred me to a specialist..although with the way our public health system is going, i may be waiting up to 12 months to see someone.

If the CT scan comes up all clear...hopefully i may then be able to relax a bit better. If the symptoms still persist i will make sure i continue complaining to my dr. to have further heart scans done. I know the doctors at the hospital did suggest i have a heart monitor attatched to me for 24hrs to document the tracings of my heart. Is that what an EKG is?
An EKG is done with the electrodes placed at various places, wrists. Same as EKG, synonymous. A holter monitor, is what is worn 24 hours, battery operated, just for a day to look at the pattern. I'm glad they are doing a CT just to rule everything out, can never be too safe. Let me know how the scan goes, and are you serious about the specialist?!!?