Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
feeling hot when everyone else is not

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

feeling hot when everyone else is not

i have been feeling hot the past few weeks--no fever though.  its not only how i have literally been sweating.  at first i thought it was the heater so we would turn them off but it even happens when the house is at 50 degrees.  everyone else will be cold and i will be sweating.  it doesnt happen all day long but its as if i am having hot flashes.  its always a possibility due to my hysterectomy but i am hoping its not as i am only 37.  a year or 2 ago i was having what we thought was hot/cold flashes but the dr determined it was a side effect from medication.  the only recent med changes was 3 rounds of antibiotics followed by prednisone followed by nystatin oral for a yeast infection cause by my inhaler. is it just my body compensating for all the change in medication this past month with me being sick with bronchitis?  could i still be sick and is it possible my thrush wasnt actually there? the dr really couldnt tell if i had it and i didnt have any symptoms till after i took the medication.  i keep taking my temperature and its always the same 96.8....please help
Hot flushes may be the cause. Also thyroid imbalances lead to heat intolerance. Consider hyperthyroidism if in addition to feeling hot, you feel hungry frequently but aren't gaining weight. Do you have a tremor in your fingers? Weight loss? Bowel habits?
i had my thyroid tested a while back and it was normal.  might have to get it retested when i go back to the dr.  the past week or so i have felt hungrier then normal.  i have had tremors in my hands/arms/legs for yrs with a diagnosis of essential tremor/parkinsonism. havent gained or lost any weight in over a year. bowel habits are pretty normal other then the color. i had figured the hunger and bowel color was medicine induced, maybe i should see the dr again.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Underlying infection or inflammation in the body can result in the feeling of heat. Another possibility is hyperthyroidism. Antibiotic or other drug metabolism can also cause a feeling of heat in the body. Drink plenty of fluids, eat lots of fruits and vegetables and take multivitamins. Get your thyroid function assessed. It can also be due to heart problems, especially if you feel suffocated at night.
All causes of hyperhydrosis like hyperthyroidism, diabetes, carcinoid syndrome, infections etc should be eliminated. Do consult your doctor. Take care!