feels like lump in my throat
recently ive had this feeling in my throat like something is stuck in there. Its like right in the middle. I went to the doctors last year but they didnt know what it was and all they did was test me for strep throat. Its kind of hard to swallow too, Its gone before but comes back. I just want it to go away and not be serious.

Do you know what it is?

There could be several causes of the symptoms you are having and only a detailed clinical examination and certain investigations would help to rule out the find out the cause in your case.

This could be due to a condition called zenker's diverticulum, which is a pharyngeal pouch; it could be due to 'globus hystericus'. The sensation may also result from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or from frequent swallowing and drying of the throat associated with anxiety or another emotional state.

Other conditions include - cricopharyngeal (upper esophageal) webs, symptomatic diffuse esophageal spasm, GERD, skeletal muscle disorders (eg, myasthenia gravis, myotonia dystrophica, polymyositis), and mass lesions in the neck or mediastinum that cause esophageal compression.

You should talk to the doctor and get a complete evaluation done.

Let us know if you have any other doubts or need any other information.

Post us on how you are doing.

Regards.