fever, headaches, muscle pain , night chills and cold sweats, but nothing wrong with respiratory system.
For the past 3 days I have been feeling ill.
Im not sure what it is but the symptoms are :
fever-
headaches
neck and back of the head pain when moving
night chills
cold sweats
and some muscle pain

I dont feel anything in my throat or chest ( so I don't think its a Flu)

I have taken some medication for fever, so it goes away and comes back after several hours.

Any ideas from the pros?

Not all viruses involve the respiratory system. It sounds like a virus... If you have a mosquito bite on your or were bitten recently (where I live they are still around), then consider getting tested for West Nile Virus.

also ask about tick borne diseases with your doctor. they can cause flu-like symptoms as well with all of those you mentioned and can be successfully treated with antibiotics.
I have the exact same thing.Im only 11.It sucks.I cry because it hurts,i reallly wanna know what it is.
My husband just developed same exact symptoms last night. I took him to ER and they said its nothing really and that he should feel better in 2 days. I have a feeling there is something wrong? Hes fever wont go away and the muscles still hurt ????? Puzzled !!.......
I have the exact same symptoms as you.
Although i am almost certain i have not been bitten by any insect.

I don't know of anyone else with the same symptoms but i was out in the cold night in only a t-shirt, i don't know if that could cause more then a cold when no insects where involved but hey.

Its pretty ******, i haven't been able to sleep much at night because of it.
My boyfriend has similar symptoms.  He would be fine in the morning, but starting around 5pm he would get these immense headache, to the point where he has to lie down and take a nap.  He has the chills, he would get so cold, not even 2 comforters can keep him warm, then he would break into a fever and sweats.  He has had these symptoms for the past 5 days. Come to think of it, he did have a huge bug bite or pimple on his face when this all started.  He has no respiratory problems though, that's the weird part and its not contagious because I am fine.  Any ideas?
A related discussion, same symptoms was started.
A related discussion, tired,chills, body aches was started.