Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
fever on birth control pills

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

fever on birth control pills

this  is my  second  time    takeing my   birth conrtorl  pill   and  i   was  fine   the other   night when i  took it  and i  took  it  again  tonight and i have  a fever  of  99.0  and  i  was  wondering  is  that   normal  to have  a  fever on  birth control   this  is   my   first  ttime  ever   useing the  pills  so  ik   certan  things  are normal  like  spoting i  don't know   about the  fever  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It could just be co-incidence. Otherwise, there is a possibility that you have hormonal imbalance either a thyroid disorder or polycystic ovary. Taking pills can affect the functioning of both the glands and cause hormones in excess which can raise body temperature.
Hence you need to consult your PCP and gynecologist and run blood tests for thyroid, and PCOD along with an ultrasound of abdomen.
Dehydration is also a possibility, so drink fluids and see if it helps. Take care!
It's normal to have this.
Take ice-water.
Contact professional immediately if case worsen.
well its most likely one of the two things either the pill is really messing with your hormones and thats rising your temp or your allergic to the pills tey a diffrent type of bc and see what happens wish you the best of luck