fever and tired before menstrual cycle
For the last year, I have been having a recurrent fever (low grade, around 99 degrees) and have been so tired it is hard to for me to function.  I have noticed that it has been occurring about a week before my menstrual cycle.  I am 35 years old.  What is going on?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
It is normal for the body temperature to go up in the second part of the cycle (just before the periods) even upto 99 degree Farenheit. Hormonal changes are more pronounced in the premenopause age and that could be the reason you are feeling them. Also there is a chance that you have anemia, which in turn can cause fatigue etc. Also if you have PID or pelvic inflammatory disease and white discharge, then also you will feel fatigued and tired and the temperature rise in the later part of the cycle will be more pronounced.  I would suggest you get an appointment with your gynecologist.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!