fever for 2 weeks
Hello.  I am a 40-year-old single mom of a 1-year-old, and I've had a fever averaging 100.4 for exactly 2 weeks now.  I went to the doctor initially and was giving antibiotics, but when the fever did not go away, I returned and was tested for everything under the sun, giving blood and urine.  Every test came back negative (HIV, leukemia, syphillis, and whatever else they test for), and my doctor said that my white blood cell count is in the normal range....I haven't spoken to my doctor personally yet, as she just left me the message about my results on my voicemail, but I'm worried that this is something serious.  I'm under a great deal of stress, both at work and in my personal life and worrying that this is something serious is throwing me over the edge...any advice, similar stories, etc...would be greatly appreciated.
WERE YOU TESTED FOR AN EAR OR SINUS INFECTION? ANTIBIOTICS WORK FOR THE BODY PARTS THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY PRESCRIBED. STAY ON THIS AND HOPE YOU FIND YOUR ANSWERS.
Maybe it's your body reacting to the stress you mention. Did you talk to your doctor about your stress level? Maybe your developing anxiety.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I understand you have been through a number of tests. Please go through this and see what has been missed. Recurrent or chronic fever is seen in tuberculosis, SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) and other auto immune disorders, UTI, drug fever, sinusitis, glandular fever, otitis media, IBS, HIV, STDs, endocarditis, parasitic infestations, fungal infections, lymphomas and other cancers etc. In women, even polycystic ovary, menopause or premenopause (by hormone panel including TSH, LH, FSH, prolactin, estrogen, progesterone, T3 and T4), PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) should be investigated for. Dehydration is a frequent cause of low grade fever with malaise. So drink plenty of fluids and see.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!