Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
fever for 4 days, why?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

fever for 4 days, why?

For the past 4 days I've had a fever of about 100 degrees. I dont have any sever symptoms other than slight nausia from time to time as well as minor dissyness. Is this something to be concerned about? For about 2 weeks my leg have been covers in small cuts from scratching, due to a poison ivy exposure (im highly allergic). The only thing i cant htink of that is causing the fever is that maybe the cuts on my leg got infected and i need antibiotics. My questions are 1) Can a prolonged fever caused by a bacterial infection and is it normal? 2) Do i need to see my doctor to have anything percribed for me? Could it be something other than a bacterial infection? 3)Is this a serious problem?