Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
fever.muscle pain,chills,shaking,back of the neck and head hurt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

So i have been having a low grade fever,sleeping way more,i have got really bad chills,especially when i go to lay down.I have muscle pain and the back of my neck hurts and my head.
I take motrin but it only lasts like a few hours

im beggin you to tell me whats wrong
How long have you had ths?  Any head and neck pain with fever needs to be taken seriously for the possibility of meningitis. Do you have a rash?  If this has just developed recently you need to go straight to the hospital to confirm whether this is the case or not.  It is better to be safe than sorry, and meningitis needs to be treated within hours or the consequences can be fatal.  Sorry to panic you, but I'd rather you went to the hospital and got the all clear, then didn't go and left it too late.  Obviously you have only given the briefest of symptoms and this may be no more than a nasty cold, but the neck pain is very concerning.  Don't spend time posting on this forum, get to hospital now!
Okay, first, dont panic.  Even if there is cause for concern panic will not help the situation.

First how long have you felt this way? Meningitist comes on very quickly.  You would feel a bit of a flu, then it would quickly progress to confusion and very high fevers. You would not be able to move your neck without a huge amount of pain.  If you live in America and have gotten youe menegistis shot, especially if your in College as they are usually required, then you are most likely fine.  
If you havent gotten them and live away at college especially in a dorm with others coming in and out its a higher possibility, but still dont panic the symptoms could be anything, even lymes Disease.

You should call your DR right away and tell them exactly how you feel, they will most likely want you to come in or depending on how serious they believe it may be send you to the hospital.  Remember, meningitis is not a common bacterial infection and even though it is a possibility dont let anyone panic you except your DR.  When in doubt or heavy concern always call them, its what they are there for.

I hope you are okay and have called your PCP and not running around in a panic.

Geez wishforchange even if you believe it could be serious why do you always get so apocolyptic!!!
Getting someone to have a panic attack doesnt help them.
I feel terrible for them when you do that

The only one who seems to get worked up over my posts is yourself.  I am not on this site to please you but to help when and where I can.  If someone is posting what are potentially very serious symptoms they need to be clear about what to do next.  Generally the type of person who 'panics' would likely not be here but already sitting in the emergency room or at their doctor's.  I come down hard on people with serious symptoms posting here as they are not taking the best action for themselves at that time.  This forum cannot replace emergency treatment, and if someone looks like they need that the best help we can give is to tell them outright.  I'm glad I posted first on this one, be it meningitis or nothing I think that if the person who wrote in with the problem reads my post they would likely be motivated to act.  I advise you to stick to responding to others problems as you do and stop trailing my posts as you are so often doing not having any better advice to offer but just wanting to have a dig at me.  It just makes you seem somwhat childish.  I feel sorry for the people who post and get your responses after mine as they are somehow caught in a line of answer which is nothing to do with their problem and all to do with your problem with me.  Find another way to vent your feeling please. My apologies to ashkanash if you are reading this for how your problem has been used in this way, and I hope you have one way or the other got the right treatment or the all clear.
Blah, Blah, blah...
     Does it really matter to you, why do you care so much what I say especially if its such a little thing.
   So what if I say that your advice always sounds so dramatic and apocolyptic, you've told people to run to the hospital for things they can call there Dr. for, not everyone runs to the hospital for every little thing.

Calm down and care a little less about what other peoples opinions are. You seem to take everything so personally as if someone is attacking you instead of just commenting.

I've found if you learn to like yourself more then you wont feel the need to defend yourself at every turn. You must drive yourself crazy!
My mom has been having really bad chills that cause her arms and legs to pain her pritty bad it occurs when she has a fever I have been takin care of her since we went to the doctors on tuesday and they said it was a virus she'd have to fight on her own I've been giving her tylenol extra streghnth to fight the chills but it only stops the chills for a short time please someone anyone have a suggestion of what can stop these chills
Guys thank you for your concern,and trying to help me,and trying to diagnose me.I dont have menegitus but i have mono.Stupid boys =]
...just an idea but have you been tested for mono??
lol i posted before i looked at the bottom.... so when do i get my med degree??? lol
Hi I've never done this before but I need some advice my 5year old sons just back from doctor his tempture really high he's being sick got sore head and sore neck can't really look at the light and being sick enyone able to help