finger locking up
for the past 3 months i would be writing and my finger would lock up. i could pull on it and pop it and then start writing and it would happen again after about 15 min it will go away. it happens only  about 2 times a month but it happened when i was takingmy ACT. do you have any idea what this could be?
Perhaps from tension about your test, you were gripping the writing implement too tightly?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have is probably trigger finger. This is associated with catching, snapping or locking of the involved finger flexor tendon, resulting in inability to move the finger and pain. The diagnostic thing is that you can unlock the lock and start the finger functioning again. Treatment is by injecting steroid into the tendon. If that fails, this can be surgically corrected. Please consult an orthopedic specialist. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
i was thinking that it was trigger finger my grandma has it.
it happens when i just write a story or anything it didnt just happen during the test
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.