fishy smelling penis
i am an 18 year old male, and bath very regularly, i consider myself to be a very clean person. My penis has a very distinct fishy smell even straight out of the shower and now there are small red bumps around the tip of my penis. this has only been going on for about a week now. my wife has been tested for STD's and she has remained clean. I have only ever had sexual intercourse with her. We are trying to have a baby and i am wondering if i have some sort of infection that is keeping us from doing so. please help.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A fishy smell goes in favor of bacterial vaginosis. You may have caught it from your wife. Bacterial vaginosis is usually caused by Gardnerella vaginalis bacteria or a combination of bacteria. A decrease in the good bacterial flora (lactobacillus) and an increase in infection causing bacterial is the cause. It is not clear how the infection comes. It's not thought to be a STD as women who have not had sex can also get it. Vaginal douching, new or multiple sexual partners and smoking are thought to contribute towards the vaginosis. Diagnosis is generally by a wet mount slide showing the presence of ‘clue cells’.  Bacterial vaginosis can affect the male partner but not in the same way as it affects the female. This is because the male genitals do not have an area like the vagina which can house this infection. Men can carry traces of these bacteria in the urethra and if they multiply it can re-infect the woman.Treatment is usually by antibiotics. Generally it is treated by metronidazole given to both partners to completely eliminate the disease and to be doubly on the safe side. Although not termed as an STD yet, it is advisable to use a condom until the Bacterial Vaginosis is eliminated totally from the body.
The other possibility is that it is a fungal infection. Please consult an urologist.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
thank you for the help,i am going to make an appointment in the morning,if you or anyone else can offer me and my wife any more help please do so.thank you again
you may have  bacteria vaginiatis or a type of yeast infection youll most likely need antibiotics i think sorry i hope this helps