fluid in lungs and stomach
My 66 year old mother had a heart attack 1 year ago.  She had an ulcer 6 months ago and was anemic.  She has diabetis, low blood pressure, depression (my father died 1 year ago from cancer).  She just went into the hospital with fluid in the stomach and lungs and has been in severe pain for 3 days.  Cscans show nothing.  Does she need to ask them to test for liver cancer or is it a norm.  Her primary has been concerned with her liver for a few months.  She has had 2 blood transfusions.  What does all this mean or what could it mean.  I believe she has given up on life after my father's death.
Welcome to the forum!
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. With fluid in lungs and abdomen, the possible causes could be kidney, heart and liver. The function of these organs should be tested. Liver cancer, cirrhosis, heart failure or kidney disease should be ruled out. Normally doctors would look at all causes. However there is no harm in discussing this with your mother’s doctors.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!