"fluttering" sensation in upper abdomen
For the past 2 days I've been having a weird nonpainful "fluttering" sensation in my upper midline abdomen. No other symptoms. No history of acid reflux/heart burn. Not after large meals. No medical problems.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In a thin built person, normal pulse of the abdominal aorta can be felt. This is a normal finding. Another possibility is a strong heartbeat being conducted to the stomach area. Again it could be a normal finding or it could be due to a heart condition. However it could also be an aneurysm. This can be diagnosed and treated by a vascular specialist and an angiogram not ultrasound is done to detect it. Please consult a cardiologist to start with. You may need to consult a vascular specialist.
Severe acidity, gas in stomach and muscle twitches too could be causing a pulsing. If heart and aortic causes are ruled out, then this should be looked into. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.