Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
foggy, spaced out feeling after mild flu

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

had a low grade fever for a couple of days with joint pain.  A few days later I had a foggy head.  One that became gradual and this week it has been bad.  It is a fog/dazed feeling.  Also spaced out and hard to focus.  I feel the worst all morning and gets a little better throughout the day.  got blood work done..all good.  went to ENT and ears look perfect so he said that the flu/virus has attached to my vestibular section of the brain and will take a bit to go away.  I cannot live like this...it is interfering with my life and causing me to have alot of anxiety.  I am nervous to drive and be alone.  
anyone have this??  how long did it take?  thinking about making a neurology appt.  
going to fl for vacation next week...doctor thinks it will be good for me.  

This discussion is related to Foggy head/ Feeling "out of it'/Dulled senses.
I had something similar I think there is some virus going round I felt extremely tired in waves, hips, flank area , legs aching low grade fever ,I was okay after 9 days ..good luck
The influenza virus, once it becomes established, must run it's course. The treatments have side effects worse than the virus. All the king's horses and all the king's men and their physician's can't help very much. Give it time, take D3 and vitamin C supplements plus a multi-vitamin, get plenty of exposure to sunlight and continue to exercise moderately.
thank you.  feeling better but head is still a little foggy and having a little hard time reading.  all the words seem to be meshing together and I have to really concentrate.
Hey jeepers06! I have the same exact feeling, I hate it, I mean I can function but if feels like I'm in some sort of high, not normal. Had gotten a spider bite, then a day later I was sick for a couple days, flu like sypmtoms, pumped myself with airborn and juice. Then after I was over it this last sunday, I just felt soo out of it, dazed and hard to concentrate, I am afraid every time I drive, feel as though my senses are just not all there and nearly as acute as they were before. I am forgetting things a little and I am not remembering some of the words to songs I know real well. Is this just in my head? I thought it might be the fact that I smoked a little weed friday and saturday night and I don't smoke much at all, every now and then only do I. I don't know, I am really hoping this passes because it is making me lack motivation a little and I am only turning 20 this month and I live a busy, work and school fulfilled lifestyle. Any suggestions, please suggest. Maybe I'll just soak in the spa and get more sleep and eat healthier, I'm not sure.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Please get yourself evaluated for EBV or Ebstein Barr Virus infection or infectious mononucleosis. Then you also need to investigate other causes of brain fog like liver dysfunction (get liver enzymes done—liver function test), kidney dysfunction (get kidney function test done), and anemia. Poor sleep pattern and sleep problems like sleep apnea too can cause brain fog. Sleep studies by sleep specialists can help diagnose this.Low Vit D or Vit B12 too could be the cause.
Hypothyroidism, diabetes and hormonal imbalance in women due to either menopause or any other cause like PCOD should be investigated.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
still feeling dizzy (ish), foggy head...heading to my doctor this week to get on anti depressants.  From what I have been reading this may be it.