foggy head and pains in legs
Hello anyone had this , i would like to know what it is , i have a foggy head accompanied by a headache , stabbing pain in both of my legs , loose stools and excess gas from both ends , my doctor doesn,t seem interested .
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You could be suffering from an inflammatory bowel condition such as Celiac Disease/Ulcerative Colitis/Irritable Bowel Syndrome/ Crohn’s disease. All these result in tender abdomen, loose stool or loose stools alternating with constipation, abdominal distention, cramps etc. Parasites in the gut like threadworm, tape worm, giardiasis etc can behave this way. Hence a stool test is a must. Problems of gall bladder and liver or that of pancreas too cannot be ignored. Possibility of H pylori infection should be looked into by carbon urea breath test.
I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system). Maybe your physician can recommend someone.
A number of times a gastroenterologist is able to diagnose these conditions by clinical examination and detailed medical history. At other times a few tests are conducted. Blood tests to rule out anemia, stool test to look for white blood cells, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy etc are used to diagnose ulcerative colitis. Braium meal and follow through, endoscopy etc are done to rule out GERD, Crohn’s disease etc. Irritable bowel syndrome is diagnosed by elimination of other causes. Gluten is a complex protein present in four main grains---wheat, rye, barley and oats. If you have gluten intolerance, then you probably have celiac disease or Non Celiac gluten sensitivity. There are blood tests called celiac test to detect gluten intolerance.
Crohn’s disease is a difficult entity to diagnose. Along with gut symptoms skin disorders and arthritis too are commonly seen with Crohn’s. An upper GI series using barium dye is done to see the condition of small intestines. The degree of involvement of the large and small intestine may vary from person to person.  A biopsy is the most confirmatory. An elevated ESR, low protein, minerals and iron in blood are the other findings in Crohn’s which may or may not be present. A recent advancement in Crohn’s diagnosis is video capsule endoscopy.
Keep a stress diary and note what you eat everyday. Then mark the time when you had maximum problem. See what you ate prior to that. Hope this helps. Take care!
I would say it is your diet. I get a foggy head when I have had treats with sugar in them. My daughter and husband get headaches and loose stools from a poor diet. We did the liver cleansing diet by Dr. Calbot and no headaches, stools were normal, no foggy head. The diet has lots of vegis. Red meat is not allowed. Fish and Chicken are okay in small quantities. Breads are okay but only healthy types in low quanties. You drink a ton of water. I snacked on fruit and nuts. Stay away from processed lunch meat, crackers, chips and sweets. Good Luck
These are really classic symptoms of Lyme disease. Your doctor along with about 99.9% of all doctors out there don't know enough about it to even make a suggest, The first doctor I saw on Lyme told me a few suggestions that I already read on the internet.

Here is a simple test you can do to see:
Start by taking 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt with a 500 mg tab. of Vit C on day one(this is one dose). Day two take (2) doses...day 3 (3) doses and so forth until dose (6). And keep note of what happens to your body good or bad. Then get back to me and let me know. Make sure you take plenty of water throughout the day. Make sure you also spread out each dose each day. 2-3-4 hours apart depending on haw many doses you take.

This should help
fred