Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
frustrated

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

frustrated

My symptoms are as follows and tend to flare during the colder months
-Joint pain affecting both sides in hips, elbows, wrists, fingers, feet, knees and occasional very low back- worst in the hips, when it flares it hurts whether I sit or stand, kills me to lay on either side, usually causes me to limp- sometimes it is a shooting pain,throbbing,dull ache,sometimes feels cold,during bad flares sometimes get shooting pain down middle of butt cheek when I walk which causes me to shuffle to avoid pain
-sudden sporadic feeling down back of both calves like cold water is being poured down them, happens in all positions and there are three spots on my hands and wrist where I get this feeling less often
- fatigue sometimes sleeping 16 hours a day and am still tired
- for weeks at a time every time I eat I immediately get stomach cramps and have diarrhea and then suddenly clears up with no change in diet
- suddenly allergic to everything, I will break out in hives for no apparent reason suddenly allergic to cats, dish soap, etc
-Bad stiffness in morning- will calm down and alternately flare throughout day-no predictable pattern-same with swelling in hands and feet/ankles
I finally went to Doctor last December when it got really bad, initially thought Lupus so ran an ANA - came back positive 1:320, I was sent to a rheumatologist, got in 2 months later, I was feeling a bit better; they ran many tests along with a hand x-ray. ANA came back negative-hand x-ray normal.  I have been to many specialists, I have had every test imaginable, the only significant tests results I have had were, once positive ANA, slightly low IgG and IgA, high MPV that slightly increases every year and I also found that one of my blood tests , not sure from when, my A/G ratio was 2.5-also my blood pressure has become lower than normal in past year to 103/62.  
- I am a 27 year old female smoker. My brother has Crohn's disease and my aunt died from complications of Porphyria.  
Please help!!!!!
Hello n8bean....I can really relate. I have the same symptoms less the allergies however I do get skin eruptions which could be some kind of allergy. I am 49 and have but my body through heck. In 2007 I had an extreme case of joint pain. My Dr ordered many tests my rheumatoid factor was elevated so I too went to Rheumatologist with more test nothing. Then My Dr checked my Vitamin D level it was 9 I was put on a regimen of of high Vitamin D2 for like six months and now I take Vitamin D3 2000 a day. Now I may have switched the D2 and D3 (the first one I was on was through a prescription) the one I take daily is over the counter. It made a huge difference however I'm experiencing the most joint pain I have since then so I will be getting the levels checked again. I'm beginning to think there is an underlying condition! I truly hope you find the answer and find some relief!
Sincerely,
laurigirl63 (lauri)
I have fibromyalgia and a lot of the same symptoms.  All the doctor told me was to take ibuprofen for the pain.  Actually naproxen works better.  Anyway I hardly ever need the Naproxen since I started taking Essiac.  I get it in a capsule form and it's supposed to treat cancer.  I started taking it to prevent cancer (my Dad died of a malignant brain tumor) and the side effect was that it stopped my pain almost completely!!  I hope Essiac helps you too.  Available at most health food stores, but I get mine from HCBL on line.