funny taste
Its probably nothing but i just thought i would find out anyway... In the last few days iv been getting this really weird taste in my mouth, its kinda like metallicy and i can taste a sulphur kinda taste, i keep brushing my teeth but it wont go. Iv tried to find out from various different places if this could be a symptom of anything but i havent had much luck. I dont have bad breath ( i asked my children and my husband and they would tell me) and i dont have any fillings (as i have pretty good teeth). Im just wondering if there should be anything to worry about.
much thanks
karen

Metallic taste can be due to dental caries, gastro-esophageal reflux disease, medications like antibiotics, vitamins and antidepressants, poor oral hygiene, copper or lead toxicity.
You can fight against the metallic taste by having citrus juices, lemonade and foods marinated in vinegar. They not only break through the taste, but also help in saliva production that helps in washing away the metallic taste. Every time you brush your teeth, make sure to brush your tongue also. It will help in lessening the metallic taste. You can use some oral mouthwashes also. This should help.

But if the symptoms persist then please consult a doctor for a complete examination.

Regards and do keep us posted.

Thanks for writing to the forum!
Sulfur taste in mouth without a bad breath is usually associated with problems like post nasal drip, diabetes, liver problems and initiation of sulfur forming bacteria in mouth. Causes of metallic taste in mouth have been enumerated by drjsingh. Food allergies like to sulfur dioxide and  vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause a sulfur taste in mouth.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.