Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
gastroparesis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

gastroparesis

I have been diagnosed with Gastroparesis, hiatel hernia and GERDs. I am in pain all of the time. I am also very achy from head to toe. The doctor's have me on a special diet and it is very strange, no veggies, no fruits and only chicken, fish and white flour products. No fiber at all.  I am overweight and trying to lose weight,but cannot on a mostly carb diet.  Please help me. I am on Reglan and it sometimes helps with the Gastroparesis, but not enough.  I am miserable. I need help. Please help me to lose weight and become pain free.  

I can understand your frustration. However you will have to Change your eating habits to help control gastroparesis. Your doctor or dietitian has prescribed the correct diet. However take six small meals a day instead of three large ones. If less food enters the stomach each time you eat it will not be too full to cause symptoms.

You have to avoid high-fat and high-fiber foods. Fat naturally slows digestion and fiber is difficult to digest. I understand you need to lose weight. Start an exercise routine. You can take fruits and vegetables high on water content but low on fibres. Your dietician will help you identify the ones locally available.

If your symptoms are very troublesome and are affecting your daily life, surgery is another option.  Please discuss your case with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thank you. I have been eating smaller meals and exercising with a personal trainer.  It has helped some. I didn't know about the fruits that are high in water content. I will try that. One more question.  I get a lot of very painful boils.  Could that be caused by some of the stomach issues?

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Some fruits and vegetables that are high on water and low on fiber are pumpkin (take off the peel) and cucumber. Your dietician will help you know others locally available. Boils are due to infection of hair follicle or localized infection. They could be due to poor hygiene and due to low immunity. Do you have generalized boils? Are they more common in some areas? Generally they spread by touch. The pus or secretions carrying the bacteria touch one place and another boil starts there. Your condition does not cause this but if your condition is due to an underlying autoimmune problem, then you are susceptible to infection. Maybe some multivitamin supplements through injections will help. Also you can get the pus in boils cultured and take a course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.

Please discuss these boils with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted.

The boils are under my arms and on my inner thighs. I get these about every 2 weeks.  Can it be from an internal infection? I do ache from head to toe all of the time.  I didn't know if it was related to my stomach issues or something else. Do boils make you ache all over?

I have been exercising with a personal trainer that my job has provided. I have lost 11 inches but only about 15 pounds.  It's a slow go, but I am not giving up.  

Thanks for the post!

Boils spread by contact of healthy skin with infected pus. Good personal hygiene, application of local antibiotics creams and antiseptics helps. You need to keep the areas dry. Please consult a doctor to confirm they are boils.

Take care and do keep me posted!